Basil Pesto RightRice Risotto with Crispy Chickpeas & Roasted Tomatoes
Searching for a quick and easy weeknight meal? Look no further! With the bright and fresh flavors of basil and garlic, Basil Pesto RightRice Risotto is delicious on its own, but the addition of roasted tomatoes and crispy chickpeas makes this an especially flavorful dish that is sure to become an instant classic. Enjoy as is or pair with your favorite protein!
1 bag Basil Pesto RightRice Risotto
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 c. grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, toss the grape tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer the tomatoes to a lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. While the tomatoes are roasting, using the same bowl, mix the chickpeas and the remaining olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. After 10 minutes, add the chickpeas to the baking sheet with the tomatoes and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the chickpeas and tomatoes are still roasting, prepare the Basil Pesto RightRice Risotto. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 bag of Basil Pesto RightRice Risotto, reduce heat, and cook at a gentle boil uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 7 minutes.
- To serve, divide the Basil Pesto RightRice Risotto into 2 bowls, and top with roasted chickpeas and tomatoes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.