Creamy Cracked Pepper RightRice Risotto with Mussels, Fennel, and Saffron
Chef Jason Roberts takes our Risotto to the next level by pairing Creamy Cracked Pepper with fennel, saffron, and mussels for a culinary masterpiece that will impress friends and family alike. And since RightRice Risotto cooks up in less than half the time of traditional risotto, you can have this sophisticated dish on the table faster than you can say “buon appetito!”
1 package Creamy Cracked Pepper RightRice Risotto
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. of butter
- 1 small leek, finely sliced
- 1 bulb of fennel, finely sliced
- ½ lb mussels
- 1 c. dry white wine or dry vermouth
- Good pinch of saffron steeped in 3 tablespoons of warm water
- In the base of a heavy skillet over moderate heat, add butter and olive oil.
- Once the butter starts to foam, add in the leek and fennel.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding in the mussels, white wine, and hydrated saffron. Once bubbling and the mussels begin popping open, add in the package of Creamy Cracked Pepper RightRice Risotto.
- Cook uncovered as the mussels fully open and the RightRice Risotto starts to plump, approximately 8-10 minutes
- Once all mussels have opened, remove from heat, the risotto will continue to swell and thicken. If the risotto is a little thick, add in a splash of water.
- Drizzle with a good splash of olive oil before serving.