Vegan Shepherd's Pie
Hope and Sesame
- 1/8th Cup Canola Oil
- 6 Cups Wahsed & Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 2 Cups Small Diced Onion
- 2 Cups Small Diced Carrots
- ¼ Cup Prepared Vegan Tonkatsu Sauce
- 1 TBS Cup Canola Oil
- 1 TBS Cup AP Flour
¼ Cup Hope and Sesame Original Unsweetened Sesamemilk ( Brought to A Simmer)
- 4 Cups Peeled & Cut Into Large Pieces Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 Cup Hope and Sesame Unsweetened Original sesamemilk, Heated To Simmer
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 3 Cloves Whole, Crushed Garlic
- 1/8th Cup EVOO
- Salt To Taste
- 3 Cups Umami Bomb Mushrooms
- 3 Cups Hope & Sesame Mashed Potatoes
- 1 TBS Paprika
For Umami Bomb Mushrooms
For Mashed Potatoes
For Shepherd's Pie
Umami Bomb Mushrooms
- Bring a large saute pan or wide pot to medium heat, add the Canola Oil, Button Mushrooms, Small Dice Onions and Small Dice Carrots. Cook until the Mushrooms are well browned. Then, add the Prepared Vegan Tonkatsu Sauce and transfer to a food processor.
- In a small sauce pot add 1 TBS Canola Oil, 1 TBS AP Flour, ¼ Cup heated Original Refrigerated Hope & Sesame Milk. Whisk on low to medium heat until smooth and combined.
- Add the thickened Original Hope & Sesame Milk to the food processor with the sauteed mushrooms. Pulse until all ingredients are combined.
- Reserve for later use.
- Place the Yukon Gold Potatoes in a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook until fork tender, drain off the water and keep warm.
- In a small sauce pot bring the Original Refrigerated H&S Milk to a simmer with the Thyme and Crushed Garlic cloves.
- Transfer the cooked Yukon Gold Potatoes and the heated Original Refrigerated Hope & Sesame Milk (Thyme & Garlic Removed) to a kitchen aid mixer fixed with the paddle attachment.
- On medium speed beat the potatoes and stream in the heated Original Refrigerated Hope & Sesame Milk.
- Stream in the EVOO and season with Salt To Taste.
- Reserve hot until ready to serve.
- In a 6 in x 8 in baking dish evenly layer the Umami Bomb Mushrooms and top with Hope & Sesame Mashed Potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the top with Paprika, then bake at 425F for about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Hope and SesameChocolate Hazelnut Sesamemilk 32oz
Hope and SesameVanilla Sesamemilk 32oz
Hope and SesameOriginal Sesamemilk 32oz