“Taco Salad” Tacos
You’ve heard of a taco, you’ve heard of a taco
salad, but have you heard about a taco salad taco? No? We didn’t think so! Try
this fun and nutritious recipe using RightRice, crafted by Chef Henry Hill!
2 packages of Cilantro Lime RightRice, prepared
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 16 pieces of Bibb lettuce
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shaved with a peeler
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp taqueria-style salsa rojo or salsa of choice
- 1 package of your favorite hard taco shells
- 2 cups plant-based shredded cheese (we used cheddar!)
Prepare RightRice according to package instructions and let cool.
Coat the corn kernels in olive oil and season with sea salt. Gently char in the oven under the broiler setting. Let cool.
In a large mixing bowl combine prepared RightRice, diced bell peppers, black beans, red onion, shaved carrots, lime juice, olive oil, and vegan mayonnaise. Season with salt as desired.
Line each taco shell with 1 to 2 pieces of Bibb lettuce, then fill with the RightRice taco filling. To serve, top with your favorite taqueria-style salsa rojo and your favorite plant-based shredded cheese.