Valentine’s Special Bruschetta-Style Pizza
Hope and Sesame
There’s something about a heart-shaped pizza that is just inheritably more delicious. Enjoy with that special someone or keep it to yourself! You do you!
To make the dough from scratch, follow these easily steps and leave enough time to proof overnight and let the dough rest an additional 1-2 hours. If you’re looking for something speedier, pick up dough in the freezer section of your local grocery store or buy fresh dough from your neighborhood pizza spot!
- 1 cup bread flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp active dry yeast
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cups Hope and Sesame® Original Sesamemilk
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ Tbsp bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp caramelized onions, prepared
- ⅛ cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 dough recipe (see above)
- 3 Tbsp flour for dusting
- 3 Tbsp of hope and sesame & caramelized onion white sauce (above)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared pesto paste
- 1-2 tablespoons of prepared balsamic glaze
- 2-3 tablespoons of prepared oil-packed or marinated tomatoes, chopped
- Salt, pepper, and fresh herbs to garnish as desired
For the dough
For the white sauce
For the pizza
For the dough
Combine all ingredients for the dough and mix until formed, about 5 minutes. Make sure not to overmix.
Proof the dough by setting aside in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size (could take 6 hours or overnight so long as it stays warm!).
*Recipe hack from Chef Henry Hill: “in a pinch, I’ve proofed dough more speedily in a bathroom with a hot shower running!”
For the white sauce:
Bring a small sauce pot to medium heat and add the extra virgin olive oil. Next whisk in the flour and stir until a paste has formed.
Add sesame milk and whisk vigorously to remove any lumps and stir until thickened.
Stir in the caramelized onions and let cool to room temperature until needed (so it can easily be spread on top of your pizza!).
For the pizza
Divide the dough recipe into 2 equal sizes and form into two balls. Allow to rest for 1-2 hours so it is relaxed enough to roll out.
Once the dough has rested, form into a 10-inch round shape and transfer to a pizza peel dusted with flour.
Key part of this recipe: pull one side in and the other to a point to form a heart shape! ❤️
Top with the caramelized onion white sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
In an oven, insert a pizza stone, and set to the broil setting or to about 500°F
Brush the crust of the pizza with extra virgin olive oil
Cook for about 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and top with the prepared pesto sauce, prepared chopped tomatoes, drizzle of balsamic glaze, salt and/or pepper, and fresh herbs
Enjoy with that special someone or keep it to yourself! You do you!