Winter Harvest Bowl
- 1 cup JUST Egg, or 2 JUST Egg folded
1 package Original RightRice
- 3 tablespoons Miyoko’s Creamery plant-based butter, melted and divided (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 heaping cup Brussels sprouts, halved
- ½ a winter squash, like acorn or butternut, cubed or sliced ¼-inch thick
- ½ a red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries, for garnish
- Toasted pepitas, for garnish
Cook the RightRice
- According to package directions. Add the parsley and fluff with a fork.
Start roasting the vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the winter squash and halved Brussels sprouts to the pan.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of Miyoko’s Creamery butter, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Roast for about 15 minutes.
Make the balsamic butter
- While squash is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons melted Miyoko’s Creamery butter, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and a pinch of pepper.
- Chop the red onion and mushrooms as directed. Add them to the bowl with the balsamic butter and stir to coat evenly.
Roast the mushrooms and onions
- After about 15 minutes, pull the roasting pan from the oven. Push the winter squash and Brussels to one side of the pan to make room for the rest of the vegetables.
Add the mushrooms and onions (and JUST Egg Folded, if using) and return to the oven for another 15-20 mins, or until all the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.:Cook the JUST Egg
- If using JUST Egg (liquid), scramble your desired serving just before you’re ready to serve your bowls. Melt a bit of Miyoko’s butter in a small, nonstick skillet over medium heat and scramble (like an egg) until all the liquid egg is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- If using JUST Egg Folded, chop into small bite-sized pieces and add to the roasting pan along with the mushrooms and onions.
Assemble the bowl
- Fill each bowl with desired amount of RightRice, and top with roasted vegetables and JUST Egg.
- Garnish with toasted pepitas and fresh pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!