Chicken with Artichokes & Lemon Pepper Rice
Chicken and rice is such a classic dinner combination in America, but the addition of artichokes and olive oil-fried lemon slices creates an unforgettable version! The best part? It easily comes together in less than 30 minutes. Look for small to medium artichokes at the market that do not require a lot of trimming.
1 package Lemon Pepper RightRice
- Olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (12-16 oz. total)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 artichokes, trimmed and quartered
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, and mint
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- Prepare the Right Rice according to the packaging instructions.
- In a large frying pan-preferably nonstick- heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook, turning a few times, until golden brown and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In the same frying pan, warm another tablespoon of olive oil. Add the quartered artichokes and cook on all sides until the leaves are a little crispy, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the pan and sprinkle with salt.
- Add the final 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Once warm, add the lemon slices and cook, allowing them to crisp up in the oil and turning once, about 3 minutes. Remove the lemon slices carefully from the pan with tongs to a paper-towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
- To serve, fluff the lemon pepper rice with a fork, then stir in the herbs. Divide the rice evenly amongst 4 plates, then place 1/4 of the sliced chicken on each plate. Top with a few of the artichoke pieces, some of the fried lemons, and a drizzle of olive oil.