We’re heating things up! Our friend, Chef Jason Roberts, from down under, loves adventure and good food (like RightRice), so this recipe was just waiting to be created. Cooked on an open flame while camping out in the Australian countryside, this Vegetarian Paella brings together rich flavors, charred veggies and chilies, and RightRice in an unexpected but delicious way!
1 package Spanish RightRice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 red onion, peeled, finely diced
- 1 small head of fennel, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, blistered over open flame and peeled
- 12 cherry tomatoes, charred over open flame
- 3 cups shredded spinach or kale
- Sea salt flakes
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- In a heavy based skillet over medium heat add the olive oil along with fennel and coriander seeds. Cook for a few moments then add in the onion, fennel, carrot, and chopped peppers, continue to cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the RightRice, stir for a few moments then add in 3 cups of water, lower the heat a little and continue to stir every 3-4 minutes till rice has cooked, will take 20-30 minutes as you’re cooking without a lid.
Add in the spinach, chilies and cherry tomatoes, and adjust seasoning with a little sea salt.
Mix well and serve once the spinach has wilted with a little coconut yogurt.