Creamy Parmesan Style Risotto with Roasted Tomatoes & Pine Nuts
This vegan version of a caprese-inspired risotto will leave you satisfied and in disbelief that it is also dairy free! Adding a grilled piece of salmon, chicken, or shrimp is a beautiful addition if desired. Recipe credit: Amanda Haas • Image credit: Andee McKenzie
- 2 c. sliced cherry tomatoes (any color you’d like)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for finishing
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ c. pine nuts
1 bag Creamy Parmesan Style RightRice Risotto
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the cherry tomatoes and garlic on a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and a few fresh grindings of pepper. Stir to coat evenly with the olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes in the oven, then add the pine nuts to the pan and stir to coat them in the oil. Roast for another 7-10 minutes, or until the pine nuts are lightly toasted and the tomatoes have softened. Remove the garlic from the pan and discard.
- While the tomatoes roast, prepare the Creamy Parmesan Style Risotto. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add Risotto, reduce heat, and cook at a gentle boil uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 7 minutes. (If preferred, substitute the water with vegetable or chicken stock for added flavor.)
- When the tomatoes are out of the oven, tear a handful of basil leaves over the tomatoes and allow them to wilt as the tomatoes cool. Finely chop a few more pieces of basil and stir them into the cooked RightRice.
- To plate, place ¼ of the risotto in a bowl and add a generous scoop of the tomatoes and pine nuts over the top. Repeat with the other servings.
- Finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil, some basil leaves and another fresh grinding of pepper.
- Serve warm.
RightRice®Original RightRice Multi-Serve 5lb Bag, 8ct Case
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Creamy Parmesan Style Risotto 6oz