Roasted Garlic Risotto with Crispy Baked Chicken
Looking for an easy meal that will taste like it took all day to make? This is it! Just roast a simply seasoned chicken in the oven and when it’s done, make Roasted Garlic Risotto in 12 minutes. It’s seriously impressive.
1 package Roasted Garlic RightRice Risotto
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 whole chicken legs with skin on
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch of fresh thyme for garnish
- 4 slices of lemon for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the 2 chicken legs on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil making sure to coat all sides of the chicken. Then, massage in the seasoning mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the skin is nice, brown, and crispy and the juices run clear. Take the chicken out of the oven and leave to rest uncovered.
- While the chicken is resting, prepare the Roasted Garlic RightRice Risotto.
- Pour 2 cups of chicken broth in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and add in the RightRice Risotto. Turn the heat down to a simmer, leave uncovered, and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover for 7 minutes. Stir and serve immediately.
- To plate, divide the RightRice Risotto onto 2 separate plates. Top with the roasted chicken and garnish with the slices of lemon and thyme.