Roasted Garlic Risotto with Crispy Baked Chicken
Looking for an easy meal that will taste like it took all day to make? This is it! Just roast a simply seasoned chicken in the oven and when it’s done, make Roasted Garlic Risotto in 12 minutes. It’s seriously impressive. (To make this dish vegan, swap the broth out for vegetable broth and top with your favorite plant-based chick'n!)
1 package Roasted Garlic RightRice Risotto
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 whole chicken legs with skin on
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pinch of fresh thyme for garnish
- 4 slices of lemon for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the 2 chicken legs on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil making sure to coat all sides of the chicken. Then, massage in the seasoning mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the skin is nice, brown, and crispy and the juices run clear. Take the chicken out of the oven and leave to rest uncovered.
- While the chicken is resting, prepare the Roasted Garlic RightRice Risotto.
- Pour 2 cups of chicken broth in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and add in the RightRice Risotto. Turn the heat down to a simmer, leave uncovered, and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover for 7 minutes. Stir and serve immediately.
- To plate, divide the RightRice Risotto onto 2 separate plates. Top with the roasted chicken and garnish with the slices of lemon and thyme.