Grilled Chicken Kebabs
We love recipes that can be prepped hours ahead of time, then cooked in under 20 minutes when it’s time to eat. Prep these chicken kebabs in the morning and take them straight to the grill or grill pan when it’s time for dinner.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 bell peppers, assorted colors, diced into 2” squares
- 1 red onion, cut into 8ths
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chile flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 package Original RightRice
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes before using
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, bell peppers, onion, olive oil, vinegar, basil leaves, oregano, chile flakes, garlic, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, thread each skewer with the chicken, peppers, and onion. Place on a preheated grill or grill pan and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are slightly charred, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cook the RightRice according to the packaging instructions.
- Serve two skewers person on top of the rice.
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Basil Pesto Risotto 6oz