Mediterranean Salad with Crispy Garbanzo Beans & Tzatziki
Adding fried chickpeas to this Mediterranean-inspired salad creates a perfect lunch that is ready in minutes. Store-bought Tzatziki is an easy shortcut. Use any vegetables or herbs that inspire you.
1 package Lemon Pepper RightRice
- 1 ⅓ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- ¼ cup chopped mint, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, and dried with a paper towel
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika, optional
- 2 small Persian cucumbers, sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup store-bought Tzatziki
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Prepare the Right Rice according to the packaging directions, using vegetable or chicken broth as the liquid. As it sits for 12 minutes, prepare the chickpeas. Once cooked, fluff with a fork and stir in the herbs.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, place the dried chickpeas in the pan, adding a pinch of salt. (If they have any moisture on them, they easily splatter, so be careful.)
- Stir the chickpeas to crisp on all sides. After 2 minutes, sprinkle the smoked paprika over the top, stir to coat, and then remove them from the pan and place on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Place ¼ of the rice in a bowl. Top with some cucumber slices, red onion slices, and cherry tomatoes. Place a dollop of Tzatziki on each bowl, then sprinkle some feta on top.
- Garnish with the herb sprigs and an additional drizzling of olive oil.
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Basil Pesto Risotto 6oz