RightRice with Cherry Tomatoes & Basil
RightRice’s texture holds up for all types of salads. In this version, we take the fresh flavors of ripe tomatoes and fresh basil and toss them in extra-virgin olive oil with a little crushed garlic. For added texture and flavor, toss in small pieces of fresh mozzarella and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
1 package Original RightRice
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn or finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup diced fresh mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Cook the RightRice according to the packaging instructions. Fluff with a fork and toss with a tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil.
- To make the topping, combine the cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, and remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil with a generous pinch of salt and grinding of pepper. Stir and taste, adding more seasoning as desired.
- Top each serving of rice with a generous spoonful of the tomato and basil salad.
RightRice®Original RightRice Multi-Serve 5lb Bag, 8ct Case
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Creamy Parmesan Style Risotto 6oz