For those Tuesdays when you are craving Tacos. This meal comes together in a flash and hey...now you know how to make taco seasoning from scratch too. You are welcome!
1 packet Spanish RightRice
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ c. water
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- 1 c. shredded lettuce
- 1 c. diced tomatoes
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
Homemade taco seasoning (mix together in a small bowl)
- Cook Spanish RightRice according to package directions. Fluff after cooking and set aside in a bowl.
- While the rice is cooking make the ground beef filling. In a large skillet heat up the olive oil to medium heat. Add in the onions and stir until translucent. About 5 minutes. Next add in the ground beef breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for about 7 - 10 minutes until the beef is browned. Now add in the tomato paste, taco seasoning and water. Cook for a further 5 minutes coating the beef in sauce. Bring up to a slight simmer to evaporate some of the water about a minute or two. The beef should not be dry, but not too wet. Transfer to a bowl.
- Just before serving toast the taco shells in the oven at 350°F for 5 minutes until crispy.
- To serve the tacos, start with the Spanish RightRice on the bottom and layer with the beef. Followed by some lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
- Serve the optional sides on the table.
RightRice®Original RightRice Multi-Serve 5lb Bag, 8ct Case
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Creamy Parmesan Style Risotto 6oz