Skirt Steak Bowls with Chimichurri & Roasted Corn
Skirt steak and chimichurri is one of our favorite meals to make! Cooking some RightRice while we grill our steak is the easiest, and tastiest, side dish. It’s delicious with the chimichurri sauce drizzled over the top.
1 package Garlic Herb RightRice
- 1 lb. flank or skirt steak
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 ears corn
- ½ red onion, quartered through the stem
- 1 bunch green onions, stems removed
- 3 sweet peppers, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup chimichurri or salsa verde
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Cook the RightRice according to the package instructions.
- Rinse the steak and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with the chili powder and the salt on both sides. Place a grill pan or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil, then the steak. Cook until the steak is well-seared, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Allow the steak to rest for at least five minutes before carving.
- While the steak rests, add another teaspoon of oil to the pan, and add the corn. Grill the corn, allowing it to char a little, and flip with tongs until evenly browned, about 4-5 minutes total. Remove from the grill and allow to cool before carving off the cob and sprinkling with salt.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss the red and green onions and the peppers with a tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt. Grill until softened, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place ¼ of the RightRice in a bowl. Top with 4 oz. of the sliced steak and a generous helping of grilled onions and peppers. Drizzle with a tablespoon of the chimichurri and sprinkle with cilantro. Repeat.