Stuffing with Cranberries & Pecans
Sweet, salty, and crunchy, this recipe has all the flavor and textures you expect from a stuffing, but with just the “Right” twist! Packed with protein, our version is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your holiday table!
1 bag Original RightRice
1 1/3 cup bone or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
1 1/2 lb. plant-based or traditional chicken apple ground sausage, cut out of the casing
- 1 cup chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. mushroom soup concentrate
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. celery seeds
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Prepare RightRice according to package instructions, replacing the water with the bone broth.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil on high heat. Add the red onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Lower the heat to medium and add the chicken sausage. Cook for about 10 minutes, until nice and golden brown.
- Add the chestnuts, cranberries, pecans, and mushroom soup and stir together for a minute, until well combined. Turn off the heat and add the RightRice and parsley. Stir until fully combined. Season with celery seeds, salt and black pepper.
- Serve in a large bowl and garnish with parsley. This is an easy recipe to scale up for more than 6 guests during the holidays!