Summer Harvest Salad
A big salad that celebrates the colorful bounty of summer. With pops of sweet corn alongside grilled baby bell peppers, plus the freshness of balanced asparagus. Serve with your favorite balsamic dressing and you can’t ask for any more than that.
1 bag Garlic Herb RightRice
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 ears of fresh corn
- 1 lb. baby bell peppers
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 c. radishes, quartered or halved
- 2 avocados, quartered
- 1 c. microgreens
- ½ c. baby arugula
- 1 c. store-bought balsamic dressing
- Make the Garlic Herb RightRice according to package instructions. While the RightRice is resting, prepare the eggs and vegetables.
- To make the eggs, bring a pot of water to a running boil. Then, turn it down to a simmer. Slowly lower the eggs in the water. Stir a few times and leave to simmer for 8 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water and cool in an ice bath. Once fully cooled, peel and slice or quarter the eggs.
- For the asparagus, trim the tips. Put a steamer basket in a pot and fill with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil and add in the asparagus. Cook for 3 minutes. Take asparagus out of the boiling water and rinse in cold water. Place in a bowl with cold water and ice.
- Take the corn and baby bell peppers to the grill, and dress with olive oil and salt and pepper. Cook on the grill on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, until the corn takes on a nice golden color and the peppers have a slight char. Remove from the grill and leave to cool to room temperature. Leave the bell peppers whole.
- To cut off the corn kernels, place a small bowl upside down within a big bowl. Place the butt of the corn on top of the small bowl and use a knife to slowly skim the cob to take off the kernels. The big bowl catches the kernels for you.
- Grab the biggest bowl or platter that you have and start to arrange the salad. Start by placing the asparagus on the side of the bowl, followed by the corn, peppers, and RightRice. Top with radishes, avocado, microgreens, and arugula.
- Serve the dressing on the side.