Truffled Mushroom Gravy
Hope and Sesame
- 2 Tbsp plant-based butter
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small Spanish onion, diced
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 2 quarts button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- 2 ½ cups roasted garlic puree
2 cups Hope and Sesame® Original Sesamemilk
1 Tbsp Black Truffle Paste
- In a sauce pot on medium heat add the plant-based butter and olive oil, once melted add the Spanish onion and thyme. Sweat until transparent.
Add the sliced button mushrooms and sauté until brown. Add the all-purpose flour and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes.
Add white wine to the pot and reduce until thickened. Stir in the roasted garlic puree and Hope and Sesame® Original Sesamemilk.
Transfer to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Mount in the black truffle paste and serve warm. Feel free to add additional sesame milk to adjust to your desired consistency. Enjoy!