Vietnamese-Inspired Tofu Bowl
This meal packs a great flavor punch—both with the Vietnamese inspired marinade and the zesty Cilantro Lime rice. Plus, we baked the tofu instead of fried it, so you don’t have to feel guilty going back for seconds. Dare we say it’s better and quicker than take-out?!
1 package Cilantro Lime RightRice
- 20 oz (2 packs) of firm tofu, cut into ½ in cubes
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour (sub cornflour)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. diced lemongrass
- 1 Tbsp. diced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. date syrup (sub maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos (sub soy sauce)
- Juice of one lime
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup torn fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup torn fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled into wide strips
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the tofu
For the sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the RightRice according to the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the arrowroot flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the tofu cubes and mix well until all the cubes are coated in the flour mixture.
- Line a baking tray with foil, lightly greased with oil. Place tofu on a tray and bake for 15 minutes. Then flip the cubes and bake for another 15 minutes until crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl. Once the tofu is done baking, toss all the cubes in the sauce, coating them well.
- To serve, divide the rice and tofu into 4 bowls. Roll the cucumber strips and add 2-3 to each bowl. Garnish with cabbage, carrots, mint, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Basil Pesto Risotto 6oz