Breakfast Bowls with Poached Eggs & Sautéed Greens
As plant-based diets gains in popularity—or at least the trend of eating more vegetables than starch or animal protein—so has the trend for savory breakfast bowls. What we love is to take some leftover RightRice from the night before and fry it like we're making fried rice. Then we sauté whatever veggies we have in our crisper, poach an egg, and voila! The perfect, well-rounded breakfast is born.
1 package Original RightRice
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 4 cups chopped chard or spinach leaves
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup snap peas, sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 4 poached eggs or scrambled eggs
- Furikake or Black Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Gochujang (optional)
- Prepare the RightRice according to the packaging instructions. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan or a wok, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the chard and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring constantly, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the chard from the pan and add another tablespoon of sesame oil if needed. Add the snap peas and another pinch of salt and cook for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the edamame and cook simply to warm, about 30 seconds to one minute. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add the carrots and cook until barely browned, stirring constantly, 30 seconds to one minute.
- Warm the last tablespoon of sesame oil in the pan and add the RightRice. Allow it to sit for a few seconds to crisp on the bottom, then quickly begin stirring it to evenly coat the rice with the sesame oil.
- Remove the rice from the pan and place in 4 bowls. Add an even amount of the veggies to each bowl, then top with a poached egg, a sprinkling of furikake or black sesame seeds, and a sprinkle of salt. Serve with Gochujang or other hot sauce if desired.
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Basil Pesto Risotto 6oz