Quick Paella with Chorizo, Chicken, & Shrimp
Paella is the ultimate Spanish comfort food. Traditionally prepared with chorizo sausage, chicken, and a beautiful variety of seafood, you can make this version with whatever looks good to you at the market. Here, we’ve used chorizo, grilled chicken breast, and shrimp for a quick version that is packed with flavor.
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz. pre-cooked chorizo sausage, sliced into ¼” rounds
1 package Spanish RightRice
- 1 ⅓ cups chicken stock or water
- ½ cup freshly shelled or defrosted peas
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 8 oz. cooked and sliced chicken breast
- 8 oz. sautéed shrimp
- In a large frying pan, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, peppers, and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion and peppers have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced chorizo and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the RightRice to coat the grains with the oil. Add the stock or the water, bring to a quick simmer, and immediately turn off the heat. Cover and allow to sit for 12 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, add the peas and the parsley, then fluff with a fork.
- Divide the rice between four bowls and top with the chicken and shrimp if using.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top of each bowl. Garnish with an additional sprig of parsley if desired.
Planting Hope BrandsPlanting Hope Party Pack
RightRiceBrown Butter Sage 7oz
RightRiceCreamy Cracked Pepper Risotto 6oz