Quick Paella with Chorizo, Chicken, & Shrimp
Paella is the ultimate Spanish comfort food. Traditionally prepared with chorizo sausage, chicken, and a beautiful variety of seafood, you can make this version with whatever looks good to you at the market. Here, we’ve used chorizo, grilled chicken breast, and shrimp for a quick version that is packed with flavor.
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz. pre-cooked chorizo sausage, sliced into ¼” rounds
1 package Spanish RightRice
- 1 ⅓ cups chicken stock or water
- ½ cup freshly shelled or defrosted peas
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 8 oz. cooked and sliced chicken breast
- 8 oz. sautéed shrimp
- In a large frying pan, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, peppers, and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion and peppers have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced chorizo and cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the RightRice to coat the grains with the oil. Add the stock or the water, bring to a quick simmer, and immediately turn off the heat. Cover and allow to sit for 12 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, add the peas and the parsley, then fluff with a fork.
- Divide the rice between four bowls and top with the chicken and shrimp if using.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top of each bowl. Garnish with an additional sprig of parsley if desired.