Creamy Vegan Mushroom Soup
Hope and Sesame
2 cups Hope and Sesame Original Unsweetened Sesamemilk
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms (baby bellas or white button)
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or white vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
- Dice up onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add onions and garlic in a medium or large stockpot with 3 tablespoons of water or veggie broth and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups vegetable stock, diced mushrooms, thyme, ginger, white wine, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup sesamemilk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk arrowroot powder or cornstarch with 1 cup sesamemilk until it becomes a bit frothy.
- Pour the slurry thickener into soup and continue stirring for a couple of minutes as it begins to thicken. If soup is too thin, add a little more arrowroot powder to cool water or sesamemilk and mix into soup.
- Remove soup from heat once desired thickness is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with crusty sourdough bread and fresh parsley if desired.
Hope and Sesame®Original Sesamemilk 32oz