Creamy Vegan Mushroom Soup
Hope and Sesame
2 cups Hope and Sesame Original Unsweetened Sesamemilk
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushrooms (baby bellas or white button)
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or white vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
- Dice up onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add onions and garlic in a medium or large stockpot with 3 tablespoons of water or veggie broth and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups vegetable stock, diced mushrooms, thyme, ginger, white wine, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup sesamemilk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk arrowroot powder or cornstarch with 1 cup sesamemilk until it becomes a bit frothy.
- Pour the slurry thickener into soup and continue stirring for a couple of minutes as it begins to thicken. If soup is too thin, add a little more arrowroot powder to cool water or sesamemilk and mix into soup.
- Remove soup from heat once desired thickness is reached.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with crusty sourdough bread and fresh parsley if desired.
Hope and SesameChocolate Hazelnut Sesamemilk 32oz
Hope and SesameVanilla Sesamemilk 32oz
Hope and SesameOriginal Sesamemilk 32oz