Horchata Rice Pudding
This rice pudding takes inspiration from Horchata, a delicious rice beverage flavored with cinnamon and other warm spices. Using coconut milk, this recipe is a vegan delight and oh-so gooey that you’ll probably want to make enough for seconds! Enjoy it warm or cooled down.
1 package Original RightRice
- 1 13.5 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Coconut whip for garnish (optional)
- Cook the RightRice according to the instructions on the package. (Use a medium sized-sauce pan for this, and you can keep that as your pan for the entire recipe.) While it cooks, measure out the rest of the ingredients and set aside.
- Once done, add the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon and nutmeg into the pan with the cooked right rice. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring regularly, for 20 minutes. The liquid will have reduced and the pudding will finally be thick, ‘pudding’ texture. Remove the stove, let cool, and serve with a little coconut whip and fresh nutmeg and cinnamon! Leftovers last in the fridge for up to a week.
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Basil Pesto Risotto 6oz