Seared Tuna & Broccolini Bowls
Who says healthy cooking has to be difficult or lacking in flavor? These seared tuna skewers with a side of garlicky broccolini are delicious served over RightRice and come together in about 20-30 minutes! For the perfect sear on the tuna, make sure to allow it to come to room temperature for an hour before searing.
1 package Original RightRice
- 1 pound broccolini, broccoli rabe, or broccoli florets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup olive or grapeseed oil
- 1 lb. ahi tuna
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the broccolini on a baking sheet. Add the garlic, lemon zest, 1/2 tsp. salt and fresh grinding of pepper.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes or until the broccolini is crispy but still has a little bite to it.
- Cook the RightRice according to the packaging instructions. Fluff with a fork and toss with a tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- Pat the tuna dry with paper towels on both sides, then coat with a generous seasoning of salt and pepper.
- To sear the tuna, heat a nonstick or cast-iron frying pan over high heat. When the pan is smoking, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the tuna and sear for one minute on each side for rare, then remove from the heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place a generous portion of broccolini and a few slices of tuna over each serving of rice.
- Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and the fresh lemon juice.