Lemony Chicken Soup
1/2 cup Original RightRice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium leek, white and pale-green parts only, halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 1 celery stalk, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Lemon halves (for serving)
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add leek and celery and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are soft, 5-8 minutes. Add chicken and broth
- season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 15-20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Let cool, then shred chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, return broth to a boil. Once boiling, pour in the RightRice, remove the pot from heat, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- RightRice will expand and cook on its own in the broth. When the timer goes off, stir in chicken and dill. Serve with lemon halves for squeezing over.
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Basil Pesto Risotto 6oz