Mushroom & Cheese Arancini
You can make these Arancini Balls with our Mushroom Risotto recipe if you wanted to make it from scratch. Just add the same amount of eggs and cheese to the risotto. However, if you need a short cut, feel free to use a can of mushroom bisque as we did here. Also, the freezer is your friend here. Don’t skip the freeze!
1 package Garlic Herb RightRice
- 1 ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup mushroom bisque
- ½ cup mozzarella shredded cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs - whisked
- 3 cups panko
- 3 eggs - whisked
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Sea salt
- Lemon wedges
For the Coating
For the Garnish
- Prepare the RightRice according to the packaging directions replacing the liquid with the vegetable stock.
- While the rice is still warm add in the mushroom bisque and cheeses. Mix well and then mix in the eggs to bind the rice.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the rice into balls and place them on a lined baking tray. Freeze for up to an hour.
- Place the Panko in a large shallow bowl and next to it the eggs in a separate bowl. Take the rice balls out of the freezer.
- Dip the rice balls in the egg and shake off any excess. Dip in the Panko until fully covered. Repeat the same process with the same rice ball. Yes, you are coating it twice!
- Do the same with the rest of the rice balls. Place in the refrigerator while you wait for the oil to heat up.
RightRice®Original RightRice Multi-Serve 5lb Bag, 8ct Case
RightRice®Lemon Pepper 7oz
RightRice®Creamy Parmesan Style Risotto 6oz