Strawberry Rhubarb Rice Pudding
Yes, you can use RightRice in sweet dishes! Feel free to change the fruit to what is in season. It’s ideal to make this the day before so that the milk can infuse with the rice overnight in the refrigerator.
1 package Original RightRice
4 cups Hope and Sesame Vanilla Sesamemilk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup for half and half mixture
- 4 rhubarb stalks cut into cubes
- 1 cup strawberries cut into quarters with stems removed
- ¼ cup maple syrup for fruit mixture
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Strawberries for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa nibs for garnish
- Prepare the RightRice according to the packaging directions replacing the liquid with the 4 cups of sesamemilk. Mix in the cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir well and leave to sit until cooled down to room temperature. Meanwhile, make the chia jam.
- Place the rhubarb cubes, strawberries, maple syrup, and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer on medium heat until the fruit starts to break down. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Turn off the heat and add in the chia seeds. Mix well and transfer to a bowl and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Once the rice and jam are cool, transfer both to the refrigerator to cool overnight.
- In 4 glasses layer to chia jam, then rice pudding and top with cocoa nibs. Garnish with extra strawberries.