Southwestern Rice with Steak Kebabs
1 bag of Cilantro Lime RightRice
- 1 ⅓ c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 c. frozen corn (about 10 oz.), thawed
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 pound beef cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ c. oil
- 1 zucchini cut into 8 slices
- ½ of bell pepper cut into 1” cubes
- ½ of red onion cut into 1” cubes
- 8 wooden skewers
For the rice
For the kebabs
- Prepare the Cilantro Lime RightRice according to package directions replacing the water with the chicken broth. Fluff and set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, then sauté pepper and onion 3 minutes.
Add garlic, cook and stir 1 minute. Add in spices, corn and beans. Stir and heat through for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and add in the rice and the tomatoes. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the beef and spices. Mix well. Add the oil. Skewer the zucchini then a cube of beef and alternate with 2 cubes of bell pepper, another cube of beef and finish with the onion. Repeat for the rest of the skewers.
- Heat up the grill to medium high and cook each side of the skewer for 3 minutes.
- To serve divide the rice into 4 bowls and top with 2 skewers each.